Submissions are currently not being accepted.
The Academy for Excellence in Clinical Practice serves as the highest recognition of excellence in the practice or provision of clinical care by a full time faculty member. Those selected will have demonstrated their ability to deliver the highest level of clinical care, and/or developed and implemented an important innovation for clinical care delivery with proven efficacy using appropriate metrics as further defined by their college or school. All members of the Academy will also have demonstrated the highest level of ethics and professionalism during their career.
Note that “clinical” encompasses a broad scope of clinical practice, including in laboratory practice, patient care, community-based health care settings, and public health settings.
Requirements for nomination
- Nominee: Must be a current full-time member of the faculty. Faculty at all ranks are eligible.
- Nominator: Must be a current member of the faculty or faculty emeritus. Self-nominations are not permitted. Nominators are responsible for submitting the completed nomination packet.
- Letter from Nominator: Should summarize how the nominee’s practice of clinical health care is amongst the best of all faculty within the nominee’s college or school. The nominator should cite appropriate metrics and outcomes to demonstrate the outstanding nature of the nominee’s clinical practice. Each college or school may provide additional guidance as to which metrics are most relevant and reliable. Nominees who have implemented a clinical health care innovation are encouraged; description of the innovation should include documentation of measurable improvements in health. This document should not exceed three pages.
- Vita: Complete vita.
- Photo of Nominee: Include a photo of the nominee at time of submission (JPEG format). (If nominee is selected for the award, this photo will be used for the wall plaque etching.)
- Combine into a single PDF with materials in the following order:
- Nomination letter
- Nominee’s CV
- Nominator should send final PDF along with the nominee’s JPEG photo to [email protected] by Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Review and selection
A panel of reviewers will be formed to evaluate and rank the nominations. The ranked slate will be provided to the Office of Academic Clinical Affairs executive council for final selection.
Faculty selected to receive the award will be recognized at the Academies for Excellence awards reception, which will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, 4-6 p.m. in Memorial Hall, McNamara Alumni Center.
For general questions, contact Bobbi Daniels, associate vice president for clinical affairs, Office of Academic Clinical Affairs ([email protected]).