Deadline for submission is Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 by 4 p.m.
Requirements for nomination
- Nominees: For the purpose of this award, a team is comprised of a limited number of independent researchers (minimum 3 key team members) providing complementary interdisciplinary expertise to the undertaken research. The research should reflect work toward a specific scientific goal that otherwise would not be realized independent of the team collective effort.
- Team self-nomination is allowable, or the team can be nominated by peers.
- An academic unit or center is not eligible for this award.
- We strongly encourage nominations from teams comprised of faculty from multiple colleges and schools from across the entire University system.
- Nomination Letter: The letter should summarize the team accomplishments, including how each researcher demonstrates having made substantive measurable contributions to the research being recognized. The research should reflect work toward a specific scientific goal that otherwise would not be realized independent of the team collective effort. The team should have a sustained history of research success. During the existence of the team, the key members should have demonstrated evidence of shared leadership roles. This document should not exceed three pages.
- Publications: The nomination should include a list of up to 10 significant publications specifically produced by the team. This list should not be a compilation of publications of each team member.
- Grants: The nomination should include a list of grants specifically awarded to the team. This list should not be a compilation of the grants awarded to each key team member (no page limit).
- Vitae: Complete vitae of each team member.
- Photo of Team: Include a photo of the nominated team with the submission (JPEG format). (If nominated team is selected for the award, this photo will be used for the wall plaque etching.)
- Combine into a single PDF with materials in the following order:
- Nomination letter
- Additional nomination information (publications/grants)
- Team members’ CVs
- Nominator should send final PDF along with the nominated team’s JPEG photo to [email protected] by Friday, Nov. 1, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Review and selection
A panel of reviewers will be formed to evaluate and rank the nominations. The ranked slate will be provided to the Office of Academic Clinical Affairs executive council for final selection.
Team(s) selected to receive the award will be recognized at the Academies for Excellence awards reception, which will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, 4-6 p.m. in Memorial Hall, McNamara Alumni Center.
For general questions, contact Tucker LeBien, Office of Discovery and Translation Director, Office of Academic Clinical Affairs ([email protected]).