Submissions are currently not being accepted.
Nominations from all University of Minnesota schools and colleges are encouraged.
- Nominee: Must be a current, paid full-time member of the faculty. Faculty at all ranks are eligible.
- Nominator: Must be a current member of the University of Minnesota faculty or faculty emeritus. Self-nominations are not permitted. Nominators are responsible for submitting the completed nomination packet.
- Letter from nominator: Should summarize how the nominee’s research rises to the highest level of excellence. The nominator should cite appropriate metrics and outcomes to demonstrate the outstanding nature of the nominee’s health research impact. Nominators may provide additional guidance as to which metrics in a particular field are deemed most relevant and reliable. This document should not exceed three pages.
- Vita: Complete vita.
- Two reference letters: Reference letters must be written by people external to the University of Minnesota. They should discuss and contextualize the nominee's excellence in health research.
- Photo of Nominee: Include a photo of the nominee at time of submission (JPEG format). (If nominee is selected for the award, this photo will be used for the wall plaque etching.)
- Combine into a single PDF with materials in the following order:
- Nomination letter
- Nominee’s full CV
- Two reference letters
- Nominator should send final PDF along with the nominee’s JPEG photo to academi[email protected] by Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Review and selection
The current members of the Academy for Excellence in Research, Associate Deans of Research in the six health science schools, and other reviewers selected by the Associate Vice President for Research will serve as the review committee and will review and evaluate materials for each nominee. Based upon this review, the Associate Vice President for Research will forward the recommendations to the Vice President for Research, who will have final authority on election of new members.
Faculty selected to receive the award will be recognized at the Academies for Excellence awards reception, which will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019, 4-6 p.m. in Memorial Hall, McNamara Alumni Center.
For general questions, contact Michael Oakes, Associate Vice President for Research ([email protected])